Layer Your Leather

Layer Your Leather

So it is that time of year again when the wind starts pickin' up & the weather starts gettin' a little chilly (or a lot chilly for my people back home), so I wanted to show you one of my favorite ways to layer my leathers.  

Let's begin with I LOVE LEATHER JACKETS.  I love them so, so, so much & can't wear them that often out here in L.A. without sweating to death, so I get really excited when I can finally begin wearing them!  A nice leather coat that looks good with anything, (a black faux leather is a great place to start!), should be a staple in your wardrobe.  They are classic, timeless & never go out of style.  You can dress them up or dress them down, either adding a bit of class or a bit of edge/spunk to any outfit!  Most of my leather jackets are faux leather, including the one featured in the photos below.  

The layering piece:  I usually wear longer length, hooded sweatshirts with a thiner fabrication under my leathers, however, this cream hoodie is incredibly comfy and the perfect color to pair back to my maroon leather.  (Plus my denim is high waisted so I don't mind that it hits right at the top of my hips.)

Denim:  Once in a blue moon will you ever find me in anything other than black denim...usually only on laundry day.  Also, I almost always opt for a distressed denim over clean cut.  This pair came with the rip in the knee (Yes Grandpa, I paid for them like that lol), but it is extremely easy to make your own which I have done as well!

Shoes:  This look would go well with many different shoes.  If I were going somewhere a bit more dressy or going to grab drinks with friends, I would've thrown on my favorite black booties.  But, for the occasion of an extremely casual night out by the beach, I figured my Converse would do the trick!

Accessories:  My necklace is a gift from my Grandmother & my watch is the Michael Kors "Runway" (the slim version).  Rings are all gifts as well.  My lip color is e.l.f. Matte Lip Color in the shade Nearly Nude and my blush is a combination Benefit's Dandelion and Rockateur. 







Outfit Details:
This look is actually head-to-toe American Eagle Outfitters which I DIDN'T do on purpose!!! The jeans I was going to wear ended up not working out.  I'll do better next time! lol.
Of course the Converse are well...Converse.

To re-create:
Any white/cream hoodie will do under any colored leather jacket! Throw on your favorite black jeans,  shoes that fit the occasion & you're good to go!

My style is very minimalistic in the sense that I rarely accessorize & I rarely wear patterns.  If you have a style similar to mine or if you find it hard to branch out in the world of fashion, I find that adding color & layering are two great places to start! 

I hope you enjoyed this look & I would love to hear what you think!

Much Love,
Tay xxo






No comments :

Post a Comment