I'm cleaning out my closet...

...literally. I am cleaning out my closet, there are clothes everywhere and I don't know where to begin.

Lately, it seems as though this is something I have been finding myself doing about every two weeks.  Whether it be a large section, or a small section, I have been getting rid of junk.  I usually really enjoy cleaning out my closet (doesn't necessarily mean I get rid of everything that I should, however, I do try really hard).  I just throw on a movie and get going.  When I have a successful clean-out it feels freeing, liberating, like I am finally getting rid of things that never should've made it out to L.A. with me (but I never really had the courage to throw away because hey, I might wear it once in the next year)... it feels great!  

Today was a little different though. Today, began like any other time I clean out my closet & ended up being a roller coaster of events & feelings.  I was putting away laundry, laundry that had been sitting in the basket waiting to be folded for the last two weeks.  There was just one shirt left to be hung on my clothing rack, so I hang it and what happens next?  MY CLOTHING RACK FELL ON ME.  Yes, you read that right.  THE WHOLE THING just toppled over onto me.  I was home alone so the slight scream that I let out didn't disturb anyone except for maybe the dog & thankfully I caught it.  I shoved it back up against the wall & immediately began taking all of the clothes off of it.  

This lead me into full-on cleaning out my closet because I now needed space for all of the clothes that had just been taken off of the rack.  At first, I complained to myself about how much of a hassle this had created & how I had another project to work on for the day, but then I realized it was really a blessing in disguise.  For the last two weeks or so, I had been debating getting rid of the clothing rack & putting in some different storage, so that now became the new plan.  Then, as I was looking at my different storage options I thought to myself, "NO. NO. NO. Taylor.  This is not what you need.  You have way too much crap & you just need to make room.  No more buying storage to keep on buying new clothes!", & that was that.  I began going through all of my drawers & my closet, getting rid of anything that I didn't need!

Now, I am not done with this project at all, & once it is cleaned out I am going to want to re-organize it all, but I am happy with my progress.  Letting go of clothing for me has always been extremely difficult & I am not exactly sure why.  I am not sure if it is the memories that go along with the hoodies, the fact that I got such a good deal on a shirt, or if it is the hope that I WILL, ONE DAY, fit into those jeans that I haven't worn in the last two years...  it is just super hard for me. 

So, while I am in the middle of cleaning out my closet for what seems to be the millionth time, I am asking for your help.  HOW DO YOU THROW EVERYTHING OUT?  How do you find it easy to throw things away?  What are your tips and tricks for organizing many things in small spaces?  PLEASE share the magic with me.  I could really use it.

I will be sure to keep you all updated on my progress of how cleaning out my closet is going.  Make sure you stay tuned... who knows what's going to happen next time, maybe I'll slip on a hanger or something! 

Also, I updated the "What I'm Listening To" page again.  Got some grooves on there this time.  Hint about the artists and songs:  If you're traveling from LA to NY, you'll probably end up DNCEing over some Cold Water.  lololol

Hope you all got a kick out of that.
Much Love,
Tay xxo

No comments :

Post a Comment